Great Lengths Extension Care
- Do not shampoo for two days after your Great Lengths application
- Great Lengths recommends that you return to your Certified Great Lengths Extensionist approximately two weeks after your application. This follow-up visit allows you Extensionist to inspect the application to ensure that your Great Lengths application result is performing as expected.
- When shampooing, always wash your hair with your head back, not tilted forward. Never dry with a scrubbing action, instead wrap a towel to absorb the excess moisture. When allowing your hair to “air dry,” Great Lengths recommends that the attachment sites be dried with a blow dryer to prevent the bonds from remaining wet for an extended period of time.
- Always use the Great Lengths Anti-tap Formula after every wet treatment. Mix one line (as indicated on the bottle) to 8 ounces of water in a spray bottle. The Anti-tap Formula is designed to neutralize irregularities in your water source and/or to protect the keratin bond polymers from chlorine, saltwater and other solutions not compatible with a proper pH.
- To prevent premature bond breakdown always saturate your hair with water and apply Great Lengths Anti-tap Formula prior to swimming, exercising, using a sauna or any activity that creates moisture in your hair for an extended period of time. Immediately after such activities, shampoo thoroughly, condition, apply the Anti-tap Formula and blow-dry the attachment sites (bonds).
- Brush Great Lengths three times a day with the recommended Great Lengths brush. Unlike many extension systems, regular and thorough brushing is recommended for Great Lengths extensions. Beginning at the nape, brush row by row, scalp to ends. Always pull Great Lengths into a softly held ponytail while sleeping or any activity that has your hair blowing in the wind. These important brushing and steps will prevent tangling at the attachment sites.
- Styling options for Great Lengths are virtually limitless. However, there are a few precautions you will want to take. Blow-drying and use of curling irons, flat irons and hot rollers may be used but heat must be kept at an adequate distance for 1.5 inches from the attachment site (bond).
- Some extension loss is normal throughout the life of your Great Lengths application. The average person experiences natural hair loss of 100 to 150 hairs a day. A full-head Great Lengths application covers approximately one-third of the head. After some time you can expect to see a small quantity of your hair that has shed naturally yet is still attached to the bond. This is normal and should not be interpreted as hair that has been pulled out of the scalp by the extensions. Daily brushing as instructed above will void those loose hairs from tangling or matting at the attachment site.
100% Human Hair Extensions
Each Bundle contains 25 keratin tipped strands. An average full Length application requires anywhere from 4-6+ bundles, depending on length and thickness of your own hair, and desired length and thickness. If only Volume or texture is desired I suggest 1-3 bundles. Crazy Colors/Jewel Colors contain only 5 strands per bundle