Egg Yolk Facial Mask
Want to have healthy glowing skin without paying for expensive face products? Just go to your fridge and pull out an egg. By using this facial on oily skin, you'll noticed an immediate reduction in oils. The egg white draws the oils out, while the egg yolk moisturizes. You will want to do both parts of this one if you have oily skin. This also works very well for firming the skin.
If your looking to just moisturize and have dry to normal skin then just apply the raw yolk to your face and neck for 30 minutes and rinse with cool water. The mask is very effective in healing blemishes. Egg yolks are high in vitamin A, which is used in many skincare products designed to target acne. To use egg yolks as a mask, simply break up the yolks with a fork and spread over your face and neck. Leave to dry and then rinse off with cool water.
Or try the steps below if you have oily skin!
- Separate one egg into two bowls - white in one bowl, and yolk in the other.
- Wipe your face with warm cloth to open your pores.
- Beat until frothy and spread the egg white around your face in circular upward motions while avoiding the eyes.
- Wait 15-30 minutes. You want it to 'harden' on your face.
- Wipe the egg white off of your face with a warm, damp cloth.
- Beat and spread yolk around face in the same manner as the egg white.
- Wait 15-30 minutes.
- Wash the egg yolk off with cold water to close your pores and pat dry.
- Start off doing this twice a week, then after 3 weeks or so do once a week.