I have always been amazed by the marvelous braid hair styles from the Renaissance, which look almost impossible. This tutorial will teach you how to do this awesome 5 strand braid, but I must warn you that it might not be possible to do it by yourself, as it is a little bit confusing. Ask a friend for a help, especially one experienced in braiding beautiful braids.
Basically these are the steps you need to take to make this 5 strand braid:
1. Separate the hair into 5 parts
2. Start from the right side and cross the right strand over the left one.
3. Cross the strand in your left hand under the next one to the left
4. Then cross it over the next one to the left
5. Again under the next one to the left
This under/over/under method is the basis. Now take the same steps, but on the opposite direction.
Continue this weaving, over, under, over, until you get to the bottom of the hair.
Secure the end with a band and enjoy this fantastic piece of art!